This meeting was short as only three people showed up (Fix, Stevens, Gianotti).
No updates from Safety of Professional Development Committee as they have not met since the April AIT Meeting
Athena Way Committee Update:
- Continued support of student led Advisement mini lessons on bullying
- Currently working on naming the hallways after local colleges and universities
- Recruiting Dean Latten to have students paint the hallway names on the walls (Dean has since agreed to do this)
- Summer Dates for AIT – with only three people present we decided to have the dates for the summer finalized via email so everyone could have input.
- College and Career Readiness Data Analysis – We reviewed the results of data analysis completed by the counselor/admin team. This data reveals that we do a great job of making resources about college available, but that we still have over a third of our students who do not even apply to college.
- College and Career Readiness Committee – Members of the College and Career Readiness have requested AIT endorse them as an official sub committee of AIT for the purposes of shared decision making and system wide alignment. (Action Taken: AIT unanimously votes to make this committee an official AIT Sub Committee)
- RtI Committee – Several teachers and administrators have recently completed extended training on RtI. It was requested that AIT commission an official sub committee of AIT for the purposes of shared decision making and system wide alignment regarding RtI at Athena. (Action Taken: AIT unanimously votes to make this committee an official AIT Sub Committee)
- NYSED Report Card – We reviewed the 2012-2013 School Report Card that was released last week. We will update the staff at the next Staff Meeting.